This interdisciplinary group of experts – an initiative of the Ministry of Environment – discusses recommendations and measures for the advancement of public participation in public planning and decision-making processes. The strategic group is intended to
- give the notion of "Participation" clearer contours, develop it further and make it more widely known,
- promote awareness of participation in the public eye and among decision-makers in politics, the administration and business,
- work out participation strategies for policies relevant to the environment and sustainability,
- contribute to sustainable development by promoting participation,
- promote participation at communal, regional and national level,
- make concrete “how to” guides available to people with practical interests.
The results of debate within the Strategic Group are summarized and published as “Worksheets on Participation". In addition, the knowledge and experience of the experts in the Strategic Group have been incorporated in the Participation Manual.
You can find the “Public Participation Manual” and five “Worksheets on Participation” here: Publications.