General Secretary and Managing Director
Monika Auer has been General Secretary and Managing Director of the OEGUT since 2014. She has held the position of deputy General Secretary and has been a member of the management team since 2006. Ms. Auer has been part of the OEGUT’s expert team since 1995 and has played an active part in building up the organisation’s specialist areas and developing their content. As a leader within her own area of expertise – Energy Contracting – she has strong experience in information-communication, partner networking and research whilst also leading an external agency, the DECA (Service Provider for Energy Efficiency and Contracting Austria). Alongside her work for the OEGUT, she is also a lecturer in Energy Contracting at the University of Applied Sciences in Burgenland, Austria.
Before working for the OEGUT, Monika Auer was already active within the environment sector and was involved in building up and leading a nationwide network for action groups in the area of vehicle transit, amoung other projects. Monika Auer studied History and Politics with a focus on Environmental Policy at university and has also completed courses in Organisation and Human Resource Development and coaching.
- History and Politics with focus on Environmental Policy
- Further education in Organisation and Human Resource Development
- Qualified trainer (Resonance Coach)
- Since April, 2014: General Secretary and Managing Director, OEGUT
- Since 2011: University of Applied Sciences lecturer for Energy Contracting in Burgenland, Austria
- Since September, 2006: Member of Management Team, OEGUT
- Since December, 2005: Deputy General Secretary, OEGUT
- Since 1997: Head of Energy Contracting, OEGUT
- Since 1995: Employee at OEGUT
Previously: freelancer within the environment sector (leader of a nationwide network for action groups in the area of vehicle transit, amoung other projects).
- Organisational leadership (HR and Budget responsibility)
- Strategy development
- Support and networking for members
- Presentation and moderation
- Leadership of OEGUT working groups
- Working with various expert committees
- Organisation and Human Resource development
- Process optimisation (workflow and organisational structure)
Area of expertise
- Energy Contracting
External agency: Service Provider for Energy Efficiency and Contracting Austria (DECA)